Friday, July 7, 2023

Friday, July 7th - last day in Tlell

While Marieka did her stretches and physio, I did my Tai Chi, made her coffee, our tea, toasted bread, and cooled it for sandwiches and generally make sure I could make breakfast quickly (eggs & toasted bagel/fagel).

Popping outside, I met our host, Chris, and he let me know about the beach access from the property, and that we could use this to see the Pesuta.

After breakfast, I let Marieka know and we decided to try this, instead of biking to the trailhead on the other side of the river and then hiking from there.

It was a nice beach walk, although we couldn't get to the wreck without crossing the river (we didn't need to - we had a good view of it from the South side of the river). We ate lunch #1, Marieka had a swim in the ocean, and we walked back to the cottage for lunch #2 before biking tot he Sitka Studio.

Marker at the beach access; not sure if it's a portrait

Red jellyfish on the beach

Tidal pools

Log that has become encrusted with mussels

Pesuta shipwreck

On the South back on the Tlell River with Pesuta in the distance

Large white jellyfish on the beach

Looking through the jellyfish

Boot that's become colonized

Patterns in the sand

Beach

Wading in the beach

 

This studio had beautiful artwork for sale inside, a good tea and coffee selection, and a great garden around it, filled with great flowers, veg, a duck topiary, and a punny sign that was leaning over the cages patch of asparagus (see below).

Make sure to stop and smell the roses

These roses are an heirloom varietal from France


https://archive.org/details/The5thDimensionAgeOfAquarius1969

Duck topiary

Tree house

Inside the tree house

 

There were also planters of labelled Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme (Scarborough Fair anyone?), and a great tree house that we were invited to see.

Marieka bought beautiful earrings and I bought some relax tea.

Between highway and ocean - cows, and a boat for sale

 

Back at the cottage, Marieka did her stretches and had a nap outside while I took care of dinner (Salmon baked with garlic & onions, with a fried kelp "skin" on the cut side, with chantrelles cooked with garlic, a wakame salad with lemon olive oil & balsamic drizzle) and brewed a big pot of tea. Finally, I've caught up on journalling, so it's time to sitck my umbrella in the skylight to dim tings in the bedroom again and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment