Today is going to be an extra long day, because I'll be travelling back in time. Seriously, our flight arrives in Vancouver in the morning of January 21st, 2010, but leaves Tokyo in the afternoon of January 21st.
We got up early for our flight, grabbing some final Thai food in Thailand for breakfast at the airport. Borrowing the free wifi at the airport, I was able to chat with Ainsley for the first time since leaving Canada, and I've really missed it. I also took advantage of the chance to check e-mail.
My thoughts are definitely starting to turn to home; the people I've missed and the return to winter that I'm heading for.
I'm also looking back at the past 4 weeks and am grateful for it. I've made a lot of good friends, met a lot of great people, had a lot of adventures, and eaten a lot of really good food for really cheap. I'm going to miss these places and the people that I've met, but I know that new adventures await me in the future... Like eating Japanese food at the Narita Airport in Tokyo when we land there!
Narita Airport
we ate authentic sushi in Japan! I had my standard of sweet egg Nigiri, with the thickest egg slices I've run across. I also decided to try some new rolls - dried gourd, burdock root, and fermented soya beans. Everything was really good and yummy, and I'm still feeling full an hour later, while we sit in the place, awaiting clearance to leave the gate and head onto the taxi way to depart for North American shores.
We're leaving the gate about 20 minutes late; hoepfully this won't mess with anyone's connecting flights. As we wait and the air in the plane gets warmer I began to regret slipping a CMRCA t-shirt on under the Indian cotton shirt, as I began to get to overheating warm, but it began to get better as soon as we started onto the taxiway, as the air in the cabin began to blast in again.
The flight has gone really well, although I did have a few moments of concern. I began to smell something like melting or burning wax, or overheated plastic. About this time I also saw one of the stewardesses checking the various food areas of the cabin and opening some of the compartments. The smell has gone away now, but it was not a smell I found reassuring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment