Monday, November 12, 2018

November 10, 2018 - First day on the way home

Sunrise over Loreto
I started the day as I did yesterday - Tai Chi on the rooftop patio, listening to Loreto get started as the sun rose.

We're pretty much packed up and ready to head out 3 hours before we need to be to the airport. The next challenge is going to be getting gas for the rental car. Most of Mexico operates on cash only, and I spent almost all of my cash yesterday (I've got 100 pesos left), and neither bank ATM worked when I tried this yesterday - they were turned off, and one of the banks is closed until Sunday!

Inside the Mision in Loreto

Yup, a bleeding Jesus with additional wounds in a glass casket.
Thankfully, the gas station took US cash at a decent rate, and Anita had some, as the bank machines continued to be turned off, and it looks like they don't take credit cards.

We arrived early at the airport, with my suggesting that we can wait there as easily as our room. We got all checked in and processed through security, and then sat and waited. It was interesting observing the crowd that arrived. Ken observed that I was in a distinct age minority among those of us flying back to Calgary. We began guessing the purpose of most people's travel, and the guesses we made were golfing, fishing, and drinking. In fact, the people sitting behind us in the waiting area continued the drinking, proclaiming loudly about the margaritas they were drinking from the waiting area bar.

The Arizona Crater, seen from my seat of the plane.
Arriving in Calgary, we took the shuttle to the hotel, chatting with a couple from Victoria who had been on a golf resort outside Loreto for the past week. At the hotel, we drank water from the tap for the first time in weeks, and used this water for rinsing out toothbrushes. It's amazing the things we take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment